Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Christmas Tree Day

This last Saturday our family went up to the mountains to cut down our Christmas trees. It was a blast. Dad and Mom, Matt and Mel, Steve and Ali, Glade Ben and Eowyn, Michelle, Janessa, and Matts brother Aaron and his wife Caela all made the treck.


This is a beautiful river we passed on the way up. Had to put the chains on the trucks so we took a pic.


Eowyn and Dad hanging out on the way up. (We were in the mountains going like 5 miles per hour. Don't worry if she's out of her car seat. If we go over the edge the whole gang ends up in heaven so...)


Eowyn and Dad looking for just the right tree.


We found that chain saw in the snow and were like, "sweet a free chain saw!" Then we knawed through the tree with our teeth. Wanted to do it like the Indians.... Did they celebrate Christmas?


Kidding the chain saw was Matts and Glade smoked through that tree in 2 seconds.


Our "we found a wicked tree" pose..... Wicked as in SWEET, and not as in pegan.

Picture with the pups. Maverick was like a ninja in the snow. You couldn't see him cause the snow was deeper then he was tall. Lilly, the polar bear, had the snow stick to her fur and she was shivering like crazy. "Pretty cute, the dogs were." - Yoda


The Guys.


Grandpa and Grandma hugging by their tree. Thank God we have pulled them back into the light (getting a real tree instead of a fake one) for at least this year.


The Gals.


Mom was being a grinch so she had to roast some mallows with a 39 and a half foot mallow stick.

This is the whole gang that went..... all in one truck....kidding it was three trucks.


Family Pic.

Our little camo bear.

8 comments:

The Stockwells said...

It looks like you guys had a blast! I just love when families do things like this. How wonderful! And Eowyn is just beautiful. And if you read this and get a chance, send us your address :) Merry Christmas!

Natalie said...

oh my lord! eoweyn is so stinking cute! i can't wait to see her and hold her! we'll be up in february wiht elijah! :D

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I love that little girl! She is so beautiful! Whenever Ryan sees a picture of her he says "Ohhhhhh Eowyn!" It's really cute. Anyways, it makes me laugh when you read a post and can hear Ben saying it (ie, the yoda bit). We miss you guys, and can't wait to come home in a week and a half and spend some time with you!

Steve and Alie said...

Hooray! That was so much fun! Happy memories Eowyn is the cutest camo bear ever...

Kyle, Chelsie and Jacob said...

It looks like you guys had a blast... and Mav is SO cute, but I think Eowyn get the award for the cutest camo bear! Love ya

Jay & Michelle said...

I love these pictures! My favorite is the last one of Eowyn. And my second favorite was Patti...I mean the grinch rosting the marshmallow with the 39 and a half foot stick:) Jay and I laughed at that one! Oh, by the way that dancing elf e-mail you sent was SO FUNNY! I had to watch it a few times. Eowyn did a solo dance one of the times I watched it. Love you guys...

Karen said...

Oh my heavens you guys crack me up.

"Don't worry if she's out of her car seat. If we go over the edge the whole gang ends up in heaven so...)" I actually laughed out loud.

Beautiful pictures - and I agree with Michelle - that last one of Eowyn was GORGEOUS. Keilah was hanging out behind me saying, "Ooooh! Look at her cheeks! Ooooh! Look at her little lips! Oooh! Look at her eyes!"
:-)

What a blast. Keep it up.

Mama Mia! said...

Ben, you crack me up! Great pictures! you have to use that first one as your Christmas card. hear that?..have to! kidding. what a fun trip! Eowyn could not be cuter!